cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Default Sketcher Preferences - Is there a way to set default sketcher preferences for drawings

seanmm18
7-Bedrock

Default Sketcher Preferences - Is there a way to set default sketcher preferences for drawings

Is there a way to set default sketcher preferences for drawings? I want it to automatically allow horizontal/vertical snapping. I could not find any options for it. I found an article from 2016 about this stating that it was not a functionality of Creo Parametric, but was "reported as a product idea." That's the only information I can seem to find. It does not appear they ever did anything with this. Currently using Creo Parametric 7.0.5.0.

Article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS69992

seanmm18_0-1681158773000.png

5 REPLIES 5

I wonder why no one has replied to this - maybe because it is in the "Customization" forum, which is usually used by people coding. I.e. using VB to run Creo, etc.

Anyway, when there is not a configuration option or whatever to set a particular thing, lots of folks will use a mapkey to make the settings. You can record yourself opening the appropriate menu, clicking all the things you want to set, etc. Save it to your config.pro file and you'll be able to use it whenever you want.

Regrettable that the option settings are not granular enough to adjust everything, but I guess that's just the way it is.

That's possible. I wasn't sure what category to put it in.

The article did mention using mapkeys for this but that you can't set it to systematically do it. 

I did send something to PTC about the article because I was curious if maybe this was implemented on a newer version. It was not. They have updated it to include newer versions of Creo. It's probably something that just hasn't been mentioned enough to be actually considered.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:seanmm18)

In general, Creo Drawing has never been good for sketching.  You can create sketch entities with some parametric functionality. However, the parametric functions are not maintained after creation.  I avoid it like the plague.  It is designed mainly to show the 3D model in a 2D state.

If I need a sketch on a view, I always create it in the model as a cosmetic sketch where it remains parametric.  I have also seen simple schematics created in a "schematic model" as a sketch for display on a drawing.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:seanmm18)

This is implemented in Creo 9

seanmm18
7-Bedrock
(To:Chris3)

I just took another look at the article I had them update. It looks like you are correct - they updated the sketcher preferences in Creo Parametric 8. I'm not sure if you can set which ones you want as defaults? Either way it's nice to have vertical and horizontal snapping automatically in the newer versions.

Top Tags