cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Default Weld Symbol Leader Attachment - Creo 9.0 Welding Annotation Elements

kblacker
7-Bedrock

Default Weld Symbol Leader Attachment - Creo 9.0 Welding Annotation Elements

I am using Creo 9.0 and the Welding Application. I have an assembly which I have put solid fillet welds into, and I utilize the automatically generated weld symbol annotation elements to put the weld symbols on the assembly drawing.

For solid welds, it appears that the leader of the weld symbol defaults to attaching to one of the edges on either end of the diagonal of the weld solid. In the model,

kblacker_0-1697822227298.png

I am able to click on the weld symbol and edit the leader attachment to be on the edge that follows the root of the weld. This is so that when it appears in the drawing, the leader can point to the middle of a weld rather than one of the ends. i.e.:

kblacker_1-1697822324114.png

This would not be a problem except that when I edit the order or add fillet weld features between the others (some of the weld features become suppressed through the Insert Here functionality), the attachment is reset to the default on the edge.

kblacker_2-1697822532869.png

Is there a way to somehow set the default attachment of the leader to be on the root edge rather than on an end edge for SOLID weld features (both edges highlighted above)? Otherwise I need to go into the model and reset all the leader attachments every time I adjust the fillet welds.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags