cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Define marquee size (Warp tool)

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Define marquee size (Warp tool)

Hi all, dose anyone know to define the size of the marquee in the Warp Tool by using references such as datum planes? According to Ptc help the marquee can be snapped to various references such as datum planes, points etc. (see below) but i cannot figure out how to do this.

John

marquee.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

John,

Is your intent to use a reference to "offset" the rows and columns to make sure the nodes are not hidden within the model?

Hi Dean, my intention was to pre-define the size of the marquee by using datum planes created before the warp feature, then 'snap' the sides of the marquee to them thus constraining the size of it. My problem is, I cannot figure out how to snap to the planes. It says in the help files you can, but when you drag on the side walls of the marquee, they move back & forth, normal to drag direction, but will not snap to anything, planes, points, axis. I just want to be fully in control of the area I want to warp, to be able to check the size of my marquee without having to go into the feature to check, to be able to modify the size of the marquee outside of the warp feature & know the model updates accordingly. Hopefully this all makes sense.

Regards

John

John,

I was a bit confused on your original post but now I understand your intent. I only know the Marquee references to act as 'Initial" set up entities for the nodes (I.E. Planes) and/or as visual backdrop queues only. (I.E. no snapping to them) I have done both where I create references before the Warp and also within the Warp by Pausing the feature and creating "things" (I. E. Planes, Points, etc...)

I am running Creo2 and do not see the ability to snap either. If 3 has it now then I am not up to snuff on the new functionality.

Sorry I could not offer the solution.

No worries Dean, thanks for replying. Perhaps if the help files actually helped, gave clear instructions about the marquee setup I could have figured this out by now.

John

John,  Dean,

I will admit up-front that I have no experience with the "Warp" tool.   however,  I had a thought that might be worth something...  (maybe not...)

Similar to the "Style" tool when creating curves,  could you use the "Shift" or "Ctrl" keys to make the Warp tool snap to construction geometry?

Just a thought...

Good Luck

Bernie

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:bgruman)

Already tried that, it does not work, thanks anyway.

Regards

John

Top Tags