cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Drawing Title blocks

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Drawing Title blocks

We are changing from Intralink to Creo 2.0 and windchill. i have a couple questions

#1.  can i have the rev block show only the Rev, and not the version.  Rev 1.2.  i want my drawing to say just 1.

#2, the part desctiption, we have a 2 line description,  in the Name field in Windchill, i have PLATE, MAG ACTUATOR

i want it to display on the drawing like

line 1 PLATE

line 2 MAG ACTUATOR.

in Intralink, we input parameters, but i think we can use the Name column in windchill to show in the title block.

thanks for the help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgrobe)

1.)  Yes.  Use the PTC_WM_REVISION parameter.

rev.PNG

2.)  The NAME column in Windchill is nothing more the the PTC_COMMON_NAME in Creo.  It's a single (line) parameter with a max length of 80 characters.  In Creo 3 you can create tables that automatically word wrap, but there is no way to guarantee that the text will wrap where you want.  If you really need two lines you will need two separate parameters.  You could create a custom, single cell repeat region that uses repeat region relations to parse the NAME parameter (at the comma) into two separate repeat region parameters that are then displayed separately in the format.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV

1.)  Yes.  Use the PTC_WM_REVISION parameter.

rev.PNG

2.)  The NAME column in Windchill is nothing more the the PTC_COMMON_NAME in Creo.  It's a single (line) parameter with a max length of 80 characters.  In Creo 3 you can create tables that automatically word wrap, but there is no way to guarantee that the text will wrap where you want.  If you really need two lines you will need two separate parameters.  You could create a custom, single cell repeat region that uses repeat region relations to parse the NAME parameter (at the comma) into two separate repeat region parameters that are then displayed separately in the format.

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

thank you sir.  coming from such old software, we are in a bit of a learning phase, and these are helping a lot.  i hope i dont wear out my welcome with all the questions.

Welcome to PTC Community Daniel - there is no limit to the number of questions you can ask 🙂

Best,

Toby

dgrobe
6-Contributor

one more quick question, even though we have a part as rev 1.2.  is there anyway to have it show as rev 001?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You will need to modify the revision table that controls the revision sequence.

Off the top of my head I don't know where that it is located.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes, but how you get there will change depending on how you want it to show up in Windchill.  If you are okay with Windchill showing it everywhere as 001, then it's very straight forward to change the versioning series like Ben said.  If on the other hand you want Windchill to show 1 but Creo to show as 001, then you will need to add some custom logic go to either the each model's relations or the drawing repeat region relations to add the extra zeros.

dgrobe
6-Contributor

would love for Windchill, and Creo to show it as 001, or 002.  i did a google search on the revision table, i am looking into that.  you wouldnt happen to know where i can modify that do you?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It's all in the help. 

<Windchill Server>/Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_VersionSchemeChg&action=show

or

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_VersionSchemeChg&action=show

and

<Windchill Server>/Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_FileBasedScheme&action=show

or

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_FileBasedScheme&action=show

dgrobe
6-Contributor

well.. seems to me.. the guys who set this up for us.. didnt really take the time to ask some things like this.. thanks again..

Top Tags