cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Dual dimensioning

EBICO
1-Newbie

Dual dimensioning

I have a drawing where primary units are mm but also want to show secondary dimensions in inches. I adjusted the config file to show the dual dimensions and show dimensions as fractions (for the inch portion) but the metric portion of the dimension comes up in fractions too, which is wrong. Has anyone had similar problem and what is the solution around it? I called PTC tech support, they were useless.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi, Don't know if this realy helps at all, but I needed to overide metric dimensions and type imperial measurements in fractions. The following thread shows how to do it, and you could have metric figures with imperial figures in fractions. Only problem is a lot of manual typing. Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:03 am Post subject: Type fractions? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I have some dimensions on my drawing that I need to overide and type imperial measurments. For example, I need to type 1½", but it displays as 1 1/2. I have been able to type fractions in Word, and paste them into the text box which works. But Word will not convert 3/8 into a fraction, but is will do ½. Back to top Klaus Kirchner Joined: 28 Apr 2008 Posts: 14 Location: Ostheim v. d. Rh?Germany Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:54 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Joseph, here is a way to do: 1@+3@#/@-8@# The "+" moves the "3" half a line spacing upwards. The "-" moves the "8" half a line spacing downwards. @ and # are control characters After editing you can change the text style of the "3" and "8". Just reduce the height. This seems to be great effort but you can record a mapkey. Good luck, hope this will meet your vision. Back to top Joseph Lord Joined: 06 Jul 2009 Posts: 24 Location: OLDHAM, United Kingdom Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:12 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Klaus, Thanks for that, it works well. Just one question. How do you know that using @ and # will do the things you want? How do you know these combinations will make a fraction? Back to top Klaus Kirchner Joined: 28 Apr 2008 Posts: 14 Location: Ostheim v. d. Rh?Germany Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Joseph, how do I know? I don`t know exactly, it´s too long ago You should find that stuff in the Pro/E help. I can´t say exactly where because I use the german version. Try to look for "superscripted". There are some more things. For example: If you have a note with several lines you can move the leader to a special line if you write @o at the beginning of the line. You can use dimensions, symbols, geometric tolerances in notes, use different styles in one line etc. So it is worth to look into this subject. Back to top
Top Tags