cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dynamic Cable/Wire segment regeneration.

amysoreramesh-2
4-Participant

Dynamic Cable/Wire segment regeneration.

Hello,

When Repeat region text on the Cable/Wire Segment is moved, the space between the text and the segment still stays on the old location. Users are forced to move the segment slightly to reflect the new break location on the cable segment or perform Update current sheet. By updating the current sheet it would take a while to regenerate the entire sheet for a small change. It would be really helpful for the users if the cable / Wire segment could auto locate the break location when text are moved.

Regards,

Abhishek MR

6 REPLIES 6

Though we haven't done enhancements in Diagram in a while, I thought we already did this auto update.  Tested and I did see the gap update when moving the label note.  I'm not sure why you aren't.  Some setting perhaps?

Hi Matthew,

We are working on Creo 2 M170. May I know on which Datecode and version of Creo you tested?

Regards,

Abhishek MR

Creo 2 M220, but I'm reasonably sure nothing has changed there in the meantime.

Is there a way where you can show it is working from your end ? Do you know if there could be any particular setting that might cause it to behave that way ? I am just trying to understand how I could derive to a solution this case.

Perhaps point your diagram + trail file at Tech Support?

I did. They concluded that Creo isn't designed to behave that way. That is the reason I posted it as a product Idea.

Top Tags