cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

EXPORT HELP

BillRullan
1-Newbie

EXPORT HELP

I need to export an assembly to our customer. The important thing is to export the assembly as a single entity. We don't want our customer to have the ability to dissect our assembly into its individual parts in order to build the product themselves.

I've tried both (STEP) and (IGES) formats, but haven't figured out how to create the exported file as a single entity.

Any advice?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
linda
5-Regular Member
(To:BillRullan)

use insert/shared data/shrinkwrap

Not familiar with Shrinkwrap. I tried it a few times, but the export still contained the master assembly with all the parts in it. Still possible for the customer to pick apart the assembly to study its components.

Maybe there's a setting I'm not using?

Hi,

You should try Merged Solid option.

Nicolas

Top Tags