cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Editing parameters of multiple parts/assemblies in one edit

didriek
6-Contributor

Editing parameters of multiple parts/assemblies in one edit

Hey,

I have been copying parts/assys before I had filled in all paremeters (project, name... ect)

Is there a way to do this all in once, for example the projectname parameter is the same everywhere....

Or, the only way is to do that by editing it part by part, copy-pasting the content each time?

Same for the material, I have a big frame that needs to change from aluminium to steel...

Can I do that in one time too, or part by part?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

If you need to add same name/value for all your part/asm parameters - you can use batch mode for ModelCheck

Features & Benefits for ModelCheck

• automated tracking of model quality
  • easy selection values for parameters
  • smart checking relations
  • settings and visibility for layers
  • and much more...

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
visu
1-Newbie
(To:didriek)

Dear larsen didriek

Follow te below steps kindly.

Just open the assembely

select the part file > Activate the selected .prt file

again select the activated one in model tree > right click and select open

Then assagin material by going through properties...

I hope this will help you.

Thank you

Regards viswanathan.

didriek
6-Contributor
(To:visu)

These steps I know, but they are really time consuming if you need to do that a dozen (a LOT I have copied, stupid me...) times (but sometimes deadlines foce you to duplicate before things are finished...)

So that is what I want to avoid...

I rencently came in contact with the modelcherck so I will check out Vladimir his reply

Top Tags