cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Export a pvz file with textures

rhudd
9-Granite

Export a pvz file with textures

I have a Creo model which I want to save as a .pvz and include textures. 

I have created a recipe file called new.rcp which has 'Convert' selected under 'Texture Maps' (as advised in CS75925)

Annotation1.png

Within Creo, under 'Save As' I selected .pvz and then click 'Options' and add the directory where this recipe file is located. I also add the recipe file itself under 'Recipe for .pcz'.

Annotation3.png

However when I hit Save I get 'Creo View files could not be created'.

Annotation4.png

Can anyone advise where I'm going wrong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:rhudd)

Hi,

I can see hpgl.png in recipe editor window. I do not think that this data format is the right one.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:rhudd)

Hi,

I can see hpgl.png in recipe editor window. I do not think that this data format is the right one.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I've since found that without specifying any recipe file (i.e. just using the default recipe file) Creo was exporting the textures. I thought it wasn't because they didn't appear when I opened the model in Creo View. The problem was I had applied the textures at assembly level and they needed to be applied at part level to be exported.

Before it was discovered this was the problem I had started to investigate recipe files as I thought the default option was to not export textures. Whether I'm wrong on this or whether my company has changed this I don't know.

Hopefully this helps someone else. I'll mark your response as correct as that could well have explained the problem I arrived at!

Top Tags