cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Exporting DRW to DWG

wattyinabq
1-Newbie

Exporting DRW to DWG

Pro Gurus,

I need to export a multi-sheet Pro/E drawing, DRW, to AutoCAD, DWG. I've not done this before and need some guidance. There's paper space and model space options. Both produce an off white sheet with yellow text, dims and balloons. That is very difficult to read. I also tried exporting to DXF and got the same result.

WF 4 M180
Win 7 64 bit

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bill Watkins
Sandia National Laboratories
Albuquerque, NM
505-845-9666

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You need to copy the attached file into your current working directory. This is just a text file and can easily be modified. It will create all black lines on a white background upon import into ACAD.

If the attached file doesn't come through, here's the text version. Just name the file "dxf_export.pro" and you'll be good to go.

map_color DIMMED_COLOR 7
map_color LETTER_COLOR 7
map_color HIGHLIGHT_COLOR 7
map_color EDGE_HIGHLIGHT_COLOR 7
map_color GEOMETRY_COLOR 7
map_color HIDDEN_COLOR 7
map_color SHEETMETAL_COLOR 7
map_color CURVE_COLOR 7
map_color SECTION_COLOR 7
map_color DXF_TABLE 7
map_color DXF_BALLON 7
map_color DXF_FORMAT