cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Extrude to remove material from assembly in CREO 2

ptc-5475016
1-Newbie

Extrude to remove material from assembly in CREO 2

Hi all

I was trying to cut a portion of an assembly in CREO, so used the sketch option first and then extruded it to remove the material. The problem is, even though the window only shows the remainging part of the assembly, the material cut out still seems to be there. This can be seen when certain parts are highlighted-the cut out part has its outline displayed while the left over part is displayed in colors.

Also, when I try to import this into another assembly using the assemble option, it aligns itself perpenicular to the second assembly. I tried moving just the single assembly but was unabl to do so.

Can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong and whether this is the right way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I wouldn't pay too much attention as to what is highlighted. If things look right, trust that they are.

As for how the part assembles in the next level, it just means that is the default. It has to do with how the coordinate systems are aligned.

Top Tags