cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Failed Cross Section - Instance

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Failed Cross Section - Instance

Creo 2, M040

I've created a family table part of a casting.  I've got the generic, which is the same geometry as the final part, an 'as cast' instance and a 'as machined' instance.  I have a cross section through a plane created through two tapped holes that I'd like to have in the generic and 'as machined' instance.  The tapped holes are patterned via sketched points.  I added the sketch to the family table, excluded it in the 'as cast' instance, and this removed the holes and the cross section plane, as I would have expected.

However, Creo will not verify the instance because the cross section fails.  It won't let me add the cross section from the model tree to the family table.  How do I get this instance to verify and still keep the section in the generic?

--
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
3 REPLIES 3
jnelson
13-Aquamarine
(To:dgschaefer)

Sounds like the same issues I experienced with a Sheetmetal Family Table Part.

I called it into Tech Support and they stated was resolved in M050.
I installed M050 yesterday and verified it is fixed.

You should test that build to see if your issue is the same and resolved.

Well, I did something, not sure what, and the problem went away.  If it crops back up, I'll look at M050.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Maybe this is a Friday questions, but let's start early.

For those of you designing plastic parts, what do you use for tolerances and why? In the past I have references DIN 16901. I have been briefly researching, but have not found anything comparably documented.

Thanks,

Patrick Fariello
CommScope
1300 E. Lookout Dr. Suite 150
Richardson, TX 75082
phone: 972-792-3303
-<blocked::<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">">mailto:->