cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Family Table Deletion

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Family Table Deletion

Hi,

I am looking to delete a family table in a part. I remember in the past when the deleting the table I got some sort of warning that the instances would become standalone. I deleted the table and did not get a warning. I file the part as well as each instance in my workspace. I checked all out and then checked all in. There were no errors on check in. I looked at Windchill commonspace and the generic and instances were modified. The reason why I am breaking this table up is because I am trying to delete an assembly in common space. I am actually deleting an entire folder that is not related to anything else in Windchill. Its all standalone that I imported. I get a warning that it can't delete the generic because I need to also delete the instances. I don't know why? I broke the table and am selecting the generic and the instances. Maybe I'm missing something?

WayneF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:wfalco)

I think whats going on is the folder is so large it is only selecting one page and does not see the instances on following pages. I need to create a new post.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I have seen instances become standalones. It was due to the instance being open, deleted out of the family while open, then saved. Creo doesn't know what to do, so it saves it as a standalone.

I do not use Windchill, so I cannot answer regarding that.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Yeah, that is what I am used to as well. Its a Creo question as well as a Windchill question. I may need to also post in the Windchill area of the community.

Thanks Dale!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

If the instance has been used in an assembly and the assembly checked into WIndchill, you will need to delete all assemblies where the instance has been used before you can delete the instance. There are links in the WIndchill database that maintain the where used linkages.

wfalco
15-Moonstone

I think whats going on is the folder is so large it is only selecting one page and does not see the instances on following pages. I need to create a new post.

Top Tags