cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Family Table with Excel

FrankSiano
1-Newbie

Family Table with Excel

Does anyone create family tables outside ProE with Excel and then import? What are the steps? Are there any tutorials?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

The way I have always done it is to start a family table in your model, then select file, edit with excel. There is an import table option, but I have never used it. -Ryan
Not applicable
(To:ptc-1856114)

With WF3 and WF4 FILE>EDIT WITH EXCEL Previous versions: Export the family table as a text file. Open the text file in Excel, the Text Import Wizard should display. Select Delimited file type. The next screen select Space as the delimiter, then finish. Edit your file. Save file as a text file. Import the saved text file into the family table. Regards-Chris
Not applicable
(To:)

Frank, My apologies, I have only modified family tables with Excel. I have not created a family table outside of ProE. Regards-Chris
DELETEME
1-Newbie
(To:)

I'd be careful, I've had tables get completely scrambled going in and out of Excel. sometimes I've had the values of the cells change, and a lot of times I had the rows set up all nice in order, only to have it edited in Excel and the order gets scrambled. I will not use Excel to edit the tables at all because I don't trust it. If anything, I might make a table in Excel, and just cut&paste into the Protab editor. Be careful.
Top Tags