cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Fatal error Creo 2 drawing

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor

Fatal error Creo 2 drawing

In Drawing of Creo 2.0 when I click on Annotate tab the fatal error occurs. The rest of the tabs are OK but annotate tab doesn't work. The error Log is attached, could anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

• Rename the creo_parametric_customization.ui file in the <User>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings, %PTC_WF_ROOT%\.Settings or Start In folder.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MohaSharifi)

Only PTC Tech Support has the ability to extract information from a traceback.log file to uncover the reason for the failure.

Being on Creo 2, may be an issue in getting a support case opened, however.

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks, Could this type of error come from the operating system updates? I have not changed anything and it is strange why it happened suddenly.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Is it on every drawing or just one drawing? If it's only on 1 drawing, it's likely a something problematic with that drawing only.

If it's every drawing, its potentially due to a system update or ??

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

It is for every drawing, even new drawing,

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What OS did you upgrade to? Creo 2 is not supported on Windows 11.

Creo 2.0 Hardware Notes | PTC

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor

It is regular update of Windows 10 and not OS upgrade.

Hello @ MohaSharifi 

Traceback analysis has led to the following article  CS277051

Can you please try this?

Thanks for your check, the article's title is precisely what happened to me, but I don't have an active subscription, do you know the detail of the article?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

to summarize

• Rename the creo_parametric_customization.ui file in the <User>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings, %PTC_WF_ROOT%\.Settings or Start In folder.
  • Then restart Creo so that the customizations will not be loaded

Great, it worked

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Unexpected exit when switching to the Annotate tab in some drawings in Creo Parametric 2.0

Modified: 12-Sep-2018   |     Last Seen: 21-Aug-2023    

Applies To

• Creo Parametric 2.0 to 4.0
This is a Creo Performance Advisor article
  • If this article was recommended to you from your dashboard, user(s) at your company have matched this exit and should implement the resolution
  • If you are not using the Performance Advisor for PTC Creo, read more about it here CS199298 and consider implementing it so you can get recommendations tailored to your Creo sessions and environment.

Description

• Unexpected exit when switching to the Annotate tab in some drawings
  • Application exits prematurely when entering in to sketch mode
  • Exit when entered Sketch mode

Cause

Resolution

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor

Thanks for your help, it resloved.

Top Tags