cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Feature Recognition Tool

mlocascio
4-Participant

Feature Recognition Tool

I hate to inform the group, but I still don't have an answer regarding the Feature Recognition Tool in Creole 2. As I mentioned in the former discussion I use Solidworks as a CAD tool. What I find with Solidworks is that their feature recognition tool seems to be a lot friendlier. I am able to take a STEP file and turn it into a sheet metal part. It has an automatic recognition function tool that makes it really easy to get the job done.

What I am still curious about is whether or not PTC has a tool that will recognize sheet metal features. I am wondering whether or not PTC has a recognition tool that will run automatically.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

information concerning FRT functionality is available at http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling/feature_recognition_tool/About_Feature_Recognition.html page.

Note: community.ptc.com is user forum, nobody is obliged to answer your questions. Please contact PTC Support, if you want to communicate with PTC.

MH

Martin Hanák
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:mlocascio)

There are ways of doing such conversion using the feature recognition tool and also the sheetmetal module, but it will take you a lot of training to be proficient.  Do not expect the same level of ease of use as Solidworks.

I am wondering if you are using the wrong tool for the job however; if you need to make a small change to a 3rd party's design then maybe you should do so using the flexible modeling tools.

mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:psobejko)

I am not sure how the flexible modeling tools would help in this case. What I am still wondering is HOW does this FRT recognize revolved features?

Top Tags