cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Filtering out parts in BOM that are not connected to component? WF 4.0

SamLamb
1-Newbie

Filtering out parts in BOM that are not connected to component? WF 4.0

Hello,

I'm sorry if I've overlooked this but I've searched and have found nothing. I'm working on some installation drawings for a large assembly and I've run into a minor issue with the repeat region on my drawing. What I'd like to see is my repeat region only showing the info for parts that are connected to a certain component. For instance, lets say I have a metal box with the same bolts on all sides of it. How do I show just the info for the bolts that are connected to the top of it? The sides of this box are all separate pieces of an assembly. I could just make a simplified rep. of the side I want and then manually select what bolts I want shown, but this is not a very efficient method when I have hundreds of the same bolt spread throughout the assembly. Is there a way I can filter out the unwanted parts/quantities from my repeat region so it will only report the components connected to a certain side of the box? Maybe by using the Exclude By Rule command? Maybe I could restructure the bolts so that they are part of the "side's" subassembly (instead of the top-level assembly)and then use the Flat/Rec command to expand the subassembly (this would also be inefficient). I imagine someone has encountered this before. Please let me know if there is a way to do this without having to manually pick out components.

Thanks,

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

So I guess this is not possible? Nobody has encountered this problem before? It is a pain in the butt to manually filter out 100 different parts in a large assembly, expecially when you have the same parts in other locations of the assembly that you want to keep. Am I making sense or just thoroughly confusing everyone?? Please help me out if you have any expertise in this area! I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,

Sam

James62
10-Marble
(To:SamLamb)

Maybe you could assign the unwanted bolts to a layer and then create a simplified rep by rule where this particular layer gets not included.

I don't think the rule can search for components with specific constraint to a specific component or entity.

~Jakub

Top Tags