cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Find dimension and it's symbolic name in Assembly mode?

KevinB
1-Newbie

Find dimension and it's symbolic name in Assembly mode?

I'm trying to look for the symbolic name of this distance.

I need to find the symbolic name because I will be using it in Pro/Program.

Capture.JPG

As you can see, I used an extended axis to find the distance between those two points. If this method of finding out the dimension is wrong, then please inform me.

Otherwise, how do I find the symbolic name for that distance in Assembly mode?

I've tried using the sketch mode, but that did not go well with Pro/Program as nothing changed when I inserted a specific value.

And the book I am following refers to a "skeleton curve", any ideas?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello Kevin,

It is difficult to say without seeing the assembly myself but if the book refers to a "skeleton curve" I imagine that

the position of those holes is driven by a skeleton further up the model tree.

A "skeleton" is essentially a model built up of sketches and datums to act as a framework on which you can build your parts/assemblies.

If you can find the skeleton model in the model tree (the icon, or 'glyph' next to it should look like a transparent cube) you should be able to select the sketch feature, right-click and edit to show all the dimenions, then go to the command search and type switch dimenions to see the symbolic name of the dimenions.

I know this may be of no help but best of luck.

Cheers

Top Tags