cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Flat length of each family table instances

SamuelAlexander
1-Newbie

Flat length of each family table instances

Hi,

I have created a family table and i want flat length of each instances. I have created an flat instance but it gives the length of the generic part only. can anyone help me.

Regards

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

If you use an asterisk, as in your bottom instance, it simply gives the generic value for that instance, whatever that is. Avoid asterisks and use hard numbers unless that's EXACTLY what you want to happen.

i have a bend part with 5 instances. As its length varies its flat length also varies. So i want to show flat length of each of the bend part in drawing. is it possible

Create a measurement between the ends of the part in the flat state and have it create a feature that stores the measurement; add the feature to the table. For the non-flat states, suppress the measurement. Create a parameter that is equal to the measurement. Add the parameter to the table.

hi

for this to work i will have to create flat instances of each of the 5 instances

If you intend never having a flat state model of each part, then you could add an unbend feature, create the measurement feature after the unbend, then create a bend-back feature.

What I believe is being suggested is to create a compensation factor for a lack of better term.

If you know the delta between bend and unbend in one state, you can use that value for calculating this in relation for the other lengths. The only reason you would need a flat length is to remain parametric in case additional bends are added. T

This exercise can be fully managed without the flat state if you manually calculate the bend allowance. The use of equations in relations can still manage to give you back an associative result based on the built in sheet metal variables. This may be more effort than a simple flat pattern (unbend) feature measure, but if the only difference from one part to the next is a flat-length of a particular series of surfaces, you only need to know the variation for one of those instances.

You could use a relation driven parameter to calculate the length then reference that parameter on the drawing.

Top Tags