cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Frozen feature in part

ptc-5471878
1-Newbie

Frozen feature in part

I have a part that has some "frozen" features in a mirror. The creo help says this is only possible in assembly mode and I am having a hard time finding documentation on this. I have attached a picture of the model tree showing what I am talking about.

My questions are is this a frozen feature or is it called something else and how do I resume it.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5471878)

No, you can mirror features in a part, which is what it looks like you have.

I would check the original features to make sure they are not failing.

I would check the mirror plane to make sure it is not failing.

If these part features were mirror in the context of an assembly and then assembly is not in memory, it think it would show the features as you see them.

Yes, the features are mirrored which turned out to not be a good idea.

The original features and the mirror plane are not failing and this part has no external references.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Just mirroring a feature isn't reason for the failure though. Are there any other areas of the part failing?

Nope. I have a green light in the bar on the bottom.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's odd to have a green light AND have this in the model tree. Try forcing full regeneration. I usually do this by dragging and dropping the insert here arrow to the default datums so everything shows suppressed then right-click canceling over the insert here so it regenerates through all the features.

Tried it. Still frozen.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

is this part something you can upload to the forum?

Probably not 😕

Some things I'd try:

• Regen with the model player (not sure where it is in Creo, use the command search), by clicking the roll to beginning button, checking the "regen features" box and then clicking the roll to the end.
  • Check the feature info for the frozen features.
  • Save the part, shut down Creo and restart and reopen the part. Long shot, but it might be a display error that fixes itself.
  • Change the part in a way that forces a rebuild of the mirrored features to see if you can either resolve it or make it fail in a way that shows what's wrong.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I decided to give up and deleted the frozen feature and suspending the children and then fixing the broken references.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Top Tags