cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Greek Character in part annotation

gkemner
1-Newbie

Greek Character in part annotation

How do I put a Greek Character into a 3-D part annotation? Such as λ. If I copy and paste it from windows I just get a box in my annotation, no symbol.

I know how to do it in a drawing note but that procedure does not work for annotations.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Greg

If you hold ALT and type (using the number pad on the right side of the
keyboard) 955, you will get the λ symbol. This is the ASCII code for the
character. Most characters have and ASCII code and I have memorized some
of them (ATL248 = °, ALT241 = ±, ALT0216 = Ø...)

Surely, Google will let you in on a slew of ASCII codes.

-Nate

While this works for most, I know of one exception and the workaround that worked for me was:

≥ and/or ≤

You will need to acquire the font(s) Swiss 721 and add it to your Creo text folder in order to access it.

Change the font to Swiss 721 then type the Alt ASCII code for these two symbols. I could not get these symbols to appear with any of the standard Creo text fonts that are part of the default install.

I then switch back to my default font and continue.

Hope this helps,

Krystal Mitchell, CAD Designer
o 913-888-2630 | d 913-956-3045 | SORInc.com

I forgot to mention, I used this method with the datum curve function. I don’t believe I used it specifically with a 3D note annotation. Hopefully this will help.

o 913-888-2630 | d 913-956-3045 | SORInc.com
bkurth
7-Bedrock
(To:gkemner)

Hi,

To Make a ≥ or ≤ Symbol Within a Note:

Format note as follows:

@#>@# OR @#<@#

Now change the font of character '>' or '<', select the note and move the pointer over the character '>' or '<'. Select the character '>' or '<' and right click on it. Select Text Style, change the font to 'Cal_grek'

Thanks...Brian

In Reply to Krystal Mitchell:

While this works for most, I know of one exception and the workaround that worked for me was:

≥ and/or ≤

You will need to acquire the font(s) Swiss 721 and add it to your Creo text folder in order to access it.

Change the font to Swiss 721 then type the Alt ASCII code for these two symbols. I could not get these symbols to appear with any of the standard Creo text fonts that are part of the default install.

I then switch back to my default font and continue.

Hope this helps,

o 913-888-2630 | d 913-956-3045 | SORInc.comhttp://www.sorinc.com

[Description: cid:image002.jpg@01CFD8AB.54BFFFF0]http://www.sorinc.com

Tech support says it can't be done in a 3D annotation, it can be done in a note on a drawing but not in a 3D annotation. How can they fully support Model Based Definition if there is not a way to fully annotate a model?! Tech support said to submit an enhancement request...

Here is how to get the Greek Character into a model note.

•        In windows pick Start, All ProgramsAccessories, System Tools, Character Map

•        Change the font in the Character Map window to Greek.

•        Hi-Lite the Lamda symbol and pick the Select button at the bottom of the window. Or any other symbol...

•        Then pick the Copy Button. You can now paste this into a model note in ProE

Top Tags