cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Hide skeleton in model, but show in drawing AND print/PDF.

SB_9368530
2-Guest

Hide skeleton in model, but show in drawing AND print/PDF.

Hi, I am using Creo 8. 

I have added a skeleton in the assembly to show where certain sub-assemblies get installed in relation to the higher level assembly. The skeleton is hidden in the model. In the drawing, I can show the skeleton by:

1. In the Drawing View dialog box select View Display 
  2. Under Skeleton model display, select Show
    (Article - CS64364)

I am able to set the display such that the skeleton is outlined as phantom, however, when export the drawing in PDF, the skeleton does not show in the drawing.

The only way I have managed to show the skeleton in the PDF is by unhiding the skeleton in the model. Once I do that, the skeleton gets printed. 

Is there a way where I can leave the skeleton hidden in the model, but show in the drawing AND exported/printed PDF? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

@SB_9368530 wrote:

Hi, I am using Creo 8. 

I have added a skeleton in the assembly to show where certain sub-assemblies get installed in relation to the higher level assembly. The skeleton is hidden in the model. In the drawing, I can show the skeleton by:

1. In the Drawing View dialog box select View Display 
  2. Under Skeleton model display, select Show
    (Article - CS64364)

I am able to set the display such that the skeleton is outlined as phantom, however, when export the drawing in PDF, the skeleton does not show in the drawing.

The only way I have managed to show the skeleton in the PDF is by unhiding the skeleton in the model. Once I do that, the skeleton gets printed. 

Is there a way where I can leave the skeleton hidden in the model, but show in the drawing AND exported/printed PDF? 

Thanks!

Hi,

please create test data, pack them into zip file and upload zip file. This enable community users to investigate your problem.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, hope the below images will help.

I have an external shrinkwrap in the model which is hidden, but i have it shown in the drawing as the dotted lines. When I export this drawing into PDF, the shrinkwrap does not show.

SB_9368530_0-1698508492345.png

In contrast, when i have the shrinkwrap shown in the model, it also shows when i export it to PDF.

SB_9368530_1-1698509134086.png

What i am trying to achieve is shrinkwrap hidden in model, but shown in PDF. Thanks. 

@SB_9368530 wrote:

Hi Martin, hope the below images will help.

I have an external shrinkwrap in the model which is hidden, but i have it shown in the drawing as the dotted lines. When I export this drawing into PDF, the shrinkwrap does not show.

SB_9368530_0-1698508492345.png

In contrast, when i have the shrinkwrap shown in the model, it also shows when i export it to PDF.

SB_9368530_1-1698509134086.png

What i am trying to achieve is shrinkwrap hidden in model, but shown in PDF. Thanks. 

Hi,

pictures does not help me to understand your problem. Please create Creo test data (prt, asm, drw), pack them into zip file and upload zip file. 

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SB_9368530)

My suggestion would be to create a layer in the model and add the skeleton to that layer. You can blank (hide) that layer in the model.

I the drawing, you can leave that layer on (not hidden).

Depending on your settings, you may need to adjust the layer setting in the drawing layers. In the drawing, go to the layer tree, then tools icon, then drawing layer status...

StephenW_1-1698758335036.png

StephenW_0-1698758281927.png

Top Tags