cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Hiding status with parameters

RJ_FR
8-Gravel

Hiding status with parameters

Hello,

In assembly is it possible to hide and unhide parts, layers etc. with formulas and parameters ?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:RJ_FR)

Hi,

requested functionality is not available.

Try using combined states.

Martin Hanák

You can use rule-based simplified reps to exclude/include parts with/by parameters. I'm not sure if this meets your need but it's pretty useful and easy to set up. 

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/assembly/asm/To_Create_Simpli_Represens_Using_Defin.html# 

Hi,

does this functionality need ASSEMBLY module?

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I try but i am stuck at step 4 of your link "In the Rule Editor, click Options > Build Query. The query builder opens."

I can't select anything

2024-01-17 08_37_22-FAO_BRAS_FEMELLE_TARAUDAGE - Creo Parametric.png

Here's a video. You need to right click on the dropdown list (where it says "select condition").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzS9NXPKRZE

This video is the complimentary video to the one posted on 1/2/13. Rules are searches that are continuously evaluated and can be used to drive layers and simplified representations. They apply config settings to make your life easier. During this video you will see how rules apply to simplified ...

"Right Click" on the dropdown list was not intuitive for me :D.

Thanks a lot

I try to play with the rules as I see in your video but it does not match my needs. I can’t have access to the parameters in the selection or I don’t find it. 
is it possible ?

Here is my initial problem :

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Manufacturing-CAM/Family-manufacturing/m-p/923721#M5395

I have a manufacturing assembly with a family table. Generic with 2 instances (Inst A & B).

On assembly i have all instances for machining (generic for common machining, A for A machining and B for B machining) all rule by a family table.

I have 3 simplified representation for instances assemblies (generate G-Code) and drawings

1) rep_default : Generic + A + B

2) A : Specific with only A (Generic and B exclude)

3) B : Specific with only B (Generic and A exclude)

When i open A or B instances by default the simplified rep "rep_default" is activated with all 3 models

I would like to rule my simplified rep in instances assembly. Rep A is automatically activate on instance A and Rep B on instance B.

Today it's clear in my head but in 6 month when I will have to modify the assembly or generate the G-code again i will probably forget to activate the good representation if it's not done automatically. And it is a problem in case of modification of a machining sequence, i can select a surface on the wrong instance.

pausob
18-Opal

It sounds like you are trying to have the instances have a different "default" representation from the generic.

But I don't think that's possible.

That family table model will give you the instance variants but they and the generic will share the simplified representations and layer state rules and basically all the "view manager" variations.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

you can use model parameters. See attached video (Creo 10.0).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags