cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to Set Bom Balloon parameter

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

How to Set Bom Balloon parameter

Hi,

I would like to set BOM Balloon Parameter using API.. I do have object of Table reference of BOM table ad I know which parameter need to be set. I am not sure whether this is possible through API or not.

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ketan,

I am not sure if it exactly catches your requirement but do let me know.

If you are talking about Balloon parameters like quantity or index then i think you can get the dtlsymInst-->syminstdata-->get the variable  text-->alloc the variable text-->add/set the variable text.

Api wise :

1.ProDrawingDtlsyminstsCollect

2.ProDtlsyminstDataGet

3.ProDtlsyminstdataVartextsCollect

4.ProDtlvartextAlloc

5.ProDtlsyminstdataVartextAdd

6.ProDtlsyminstdataVartextsSet

Regards

Subhendu

Hello Ketan,

if the info from Subhendu helped you solve the issue, please mark his post as Correct Answer

And if you talk about the parameter value from a model, displayed in a balloon, then you need to access the model and set the parameter there.

Thanks,

Gunter

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:gkoch)

Hello,

My intention is not to set variable text. I am interested into BOM balloon Parameter.

Regards

Ketan

Top Tags