cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to add feature in assembly when assemble a component ?

Harsh9592
7-Bedrock

How to add feature in assembly when assemble a component ?

hiiii,

I am new user of creo and i have one problem.

As shown in Photos i have one plate and one pipe part. i assemble those two parts.

how can i insert extrude with cut feature automatically when i assembled the pipe part to the plate.

I knew insert the feature by UDF.

Thanks in advace !!!

123.JPG234.JPG345.JPG456.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Harsh9592)

In the assembly, you may need to turn on the features from the features types in the model tree. This will allow you to see things one created like assembly cuts.

As for the UDF, (I have not done a lot with these) you could probably do an extrude (cut) utilizing the inside diameter of the tube. How is the tube define? ID & thickness, OD & thickness, OD/ID? If this ID is involved, you use a parameter for the value that you could use in the UDF.

Thanks for your kind reply but i know manual process to do extrude cut in assembly.

i am interested in automation and i wants to do insert extrude cut feature automatically when i assembled that pipe part to plate.

Please reply if you have found the solution

llie
16-Pearl

Be very careful when addding assembly cuts. Make sure you select which parts you want the cut to intersect as well as selecting Extrude to selected surface

StephenW
23-Emerald II

There is no "automatic" method to do this.

You may be able to use "cut out" under component operations which would use one part to remove material from another part within an assembly.

Top Tags