cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to bring symbol in drawings to top layer in pdf export?

jdriessen
1-Newbie

How to bring symbol in drawings to top layer in pdf export?

A symbol I've created always appears below other entities/drawings. This becomes obvious when making the symbol non-black. Geometry entities (black) appear above the symbol, and so do all other types of entities (e.g. text, datums, arrows, hidden lines, help lines, center lines...). I've tried adjusting the pen table and changing the type of entity of my symbol. This doesn't help, and it seems that symbols are always drawn below other drawings. I'm really missing something simple like MS Word's right click -> "Move Layer To Top" option. How can this be done?

1 REPLY 1

It can't currently be done.

The main part is that PTC programmers made Creo evaluate the drawing geometry in a certain order to generate output; the program would have to change to change the evaluation order.

The second is that the software has no way to store the priority independently, so to make it act like Word would require adding the data for all possible entities and the ability to manipulate the data and act on the data.

You can post a product Idea to change it, but I've tried for what seems like 20 years to get the Postscript output fixed and they haven't done that, so you may have to do something else.

Top Tags