cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to control datum axis tags in drawings (make not visible in drawing)?

MarkHeinze
6-Contributor

How to control datum axis tags in drawings (make not visible in drawing)?

How to control datum axis tags in drawings (make axis tags not visible in drawing)?

Creo 7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MarkHeinze wrote:

In "drawing mode" however, I am not interested in having the the axis tags showing in the views - I only want to have the axis visible itself. Is there not a dtl option to control this? Are layers to collect tags my only resort for this?

See this article. This explains when PTC "broke" the previous behavior.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS102796

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Use this button:

pausob_0-1690841873797.png

or config.pro option:

display_axis_tags no

or collect the tag on a layer and hide this layer...

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MarkHeinze)

We use layers with rules to hide them.  Checking the Associative option, the rules will be applied to existing and new features.  Unchecking it, the rules will only be applied to new features.

kdirth_0-1690892165862.png

kdirth_1-1690892231297.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
MarkHeinze
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

Yes, thank you all for your replies. We use these methods to control axis tag display in "models" too.

For the model, I want the config.pro option display_axis_tag yes so that when I am designing,  I can see and discriminate between axes when axes are visible in the model.

In "drawing mode" however, I am not interested in having the the axis tags showing in the views - I only want to have the axis visible itself. Is there not a dtl option to control this? Are layers to collect tags my only resort for this?

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MarkHeinze)

Layers and Axis Tag Display are the two options available.  There is no way to automatically change these settings between "model" mode and "drawing" mode.  The axis and axis tags are model features.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

@MarkHeinze wrote:

See this article. This explains when PTC "broke" the previous behavior.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS102796

MarkHeinze
6-Contributor
(To:RandyJones)

Thank you Randy. CS102796 resolves the issue.

Top Tags