cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to copy ecad_ref_des to part parameter

PavelGonodobov
1-Newbie

How to copy ecad_ref_des to part parameter

Hello friends!

I have a little trouble. I import a board assembly by means of IDF v.3 exchange format in PRO/E (5). All is all right, except one thing. I want to extrude reference designators on appropriate components bodies, but cant extract anything from ecad_ref_des. In equations, when i insert, for example ecad_ref_des:fid_51 (id of component i get from model tree), i get error. What I do wrong? Help please.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Pavel...

I don't get to use the ECAD options much, so I don't know enough about the ECAD_REF_DES to help yet. Is this a parameter that exists on each imported component? For example... when you import your board, does each component have ecad_ref_des set as a parameter in the parameter/relation tools? If not, where does it come from?

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to use the value of this parameter to extrude the reference designator on the component. You can do this with a simple text sketch as your extrusion. In sketcher, modify the properties of your text to use the parameter to drive the text string.

I feel like I need to know more before I can give better advice though. It sounds like you're trying to cut the reference designators into the models at the assembly level. You mention "component id"... and you'd only have a component id at the assembly. Are you trying to do these extruded cuts at the assembly? If so, do you absolutely HAVE to have them as extruded cuts? Would annotations suffice? We can create an annotation that updates based off the value of ecad_ref_des for each component automatically... if that's a viable option for you.

Tell me more about your situation and I'll be happy to help in any way I can!

Happy Holidays...

-Brian

Top Tags