cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to export the content of a "project"

GerardLeclercq
4-Participant

How to export the content of a "project"

I have projects which contains directories which in turn contains master data. On a right click on the project or one of its directory, there is no "export" action. The only way I found is to export one by one the master data.

Is there any means to export the content of a project or one of its directories?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

What do you mean by "directories"? Packets?

If your masterdata are controlled by your project, they should share the same Project Id. Then you may search masterdata against this Project Id. The result may show several masterdata. Then [Ctrl][A] and export.

Is that useful?

See attachment. I would like, for example, exoprt all the master data under 41029/10/71.

Ok; I see. Without any customization, it could be achieved with more than just one click, but probably with less clicks than masterdata in project (I hope so). I suggest the following steps:

1: from the image you attached, select all elements belonging to the folder 71 (with the masterdata and folders children)

or alternatively

1a: open your 41029/10/71 folder [DB Properties], [Structure]

1b: expand this folder [+], and its children folders; not [Expand All]. You should see all your desired masterdata mixed up with your folders

2: send all this collection [Ctrl][A] to a table [Table Edit]

3: in the Table Editor, add the "Class Type" attribute [Layout], [Masterdata], [Class type], and sort on it. Then all your masterdata are grouped together

4: select all your masterdata [click], [Shift][click] and then you may [Export] this collection to a selected folder

This function could be customized, through java API, adding a custom action to the osmProjFolder class name if needed.

Thank Mr Fortner, This is an good workaround.

Top Tags