cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to force a secondary regen in Pro/E.

DELETEME
1-Newbie

How to force a secondary regen in Pro/E.

This has been a major issue since I can remember first using it in V15. There are some relations such as the one I just used for the evaluate feature-(Thanks David!) that require a secondary regen to work themselves out. This totally sucks, especially if it's relative to the regeneration of an instance of a generic part. Any ideas?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Easy answer is to create a Mapkey that Regenerates twice (or more). (In the old days of forever cascading Menus, folks created "Done" mapkeys that did Done/Done/Done/Done/Done-Return, etc.) Personally, I do several common things with single-stroke mapkeys in the convenient lower two corners of the keyboard. For me, "Z" is Regenerate, for example. David

Yeah, that's all doable, but why won't Pro/e finish the regen cycle it needs to? I wonder if there's some syntax that could be added to the relations that would force a second regen. I tried making a curve with a length equal to itself +1 then -1, but that doesn't work either. I've had problems withnthis for a long time, especially instances. Enhancement request, anyone?

CM I don't think there is a way to force a double Regen with relations or anything like that. I think that the software is operating the way it was designed, even though it seems perverse in cases like this. I believe it dates back to a time before Evaluate Features existed. At that time you could create Reference Dimensions, then make other Features dependent upon those non-driving dimensions. There was a set order of Regeneration with Reference Dimensions evaluated last, after everything else. What they need is "SuperRegen" or something similar (really just a double Regen). David

What might work, but kinda depends on the relation, add the relation to "post regeneration" instead of "initial" (pull down menu at lower right bottom of relations screen)

"David Butz" wrote:

CM I don't think there is a way to force a double Regen with relations or anything like that. I think that the software is operating the way it was designed, even though it seems perverse in cases like this. I believe it dates back to a time before Evaluate Features existed. At that time you could create Reference Dimensions, then make other Features dependent upon those non-driving dimensions. There was a set order of Regeneration with Reference Dimensions evaluated last, after everything else. What they need is "SuperRegen" or something similar (really just a double Regen). David

"Jeroen Janssen" wrote:

What might work, but kinda depends on the relation, add the relation to "post regeneration" instead of "initial" (pull down menu at lower right bottom of relations screen)

Top Tags