cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to insert axis into a spring (dead pro/e model)....??

ptc-2725510
1-Newbie

How to insert axis into a spring (dead pro/e model)....??

Hi I find trouble in inserting axis to a spring(dead pro/e model). I could insert the datums easily. Is there any method that I can use..??
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

If you have the Datum Planes, as you say (I'm assuming two of them are perpendicular and crossing the centerline of the spring), just make an axis through those two planes.

Hi, There is one more option to create a center axis, Just use Sketch Datum point feature, which is the sub options of datum points (in a sketch window place the datum point to the center of the spring).Thus, after creating a datum point, now use datum axis and select that datum point and one vertical datum plane, the center axis will be created. Just try this. Regards, Balaji.M

Vivek, If you want to email me the part, I can throw the axis in there, then you'll be able to see the technique.

Hi there,

I like to dimension the position tolerance of optics center to the hole center. But the tolerance zone is a square zone of +/-0.05 in x& Y, and not the diameter zone. Any idea how to do it ?

I think I might look down on the spring and create a sketch with a projected edge to place a datum point in the center by whatever method you use to find a center of the projected edge such as tangent arc if needed. If you extrude a feature from the sketch (to be hidden later) it will create an axis for you.

You might also be able to create tangent planes on either side and use relations to place planes in the center, from which you can derive an axis.

Most likely, the dumb solid already has the appropriate center, in which case the coordinate system is likely already in the right location to create datum planes and axes from. The Data Doctor might be the appropriate place to add these features so they are related to the import feature.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Bingo! The method I was going to suggest until I was Ninja'd!

Top Tags