cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to make copy of PART & DRAWING in the windchill

yyang-4
1-Newbie

How to make copy of PART & DRAWING in the windchill

i have a windchill , i want to create a new prt and drw in the windchill in IE browse, i use the save as ,but i  can not rename them,please see the piture for more details. please tell me what can i do to resolve the problem,thank youCapture.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
huggre
1-Newbie
(To:yyang-4)

Your Windchill system has been configured to automatically generate new model/drawing numbers.

If you for any reason want to use numbers not created by Windchill you have to renumber them after they have been created.

yyang-4
1-Newbie
(To:huggre)

and how  to set not let the windchill automatically generate new drawing number?  and i can not see  what is the new automatically generate number ? i want to rename  a given number.thank you for advanced

huggre
1-Newbie
(To:yyang-4)

The auto numbering feature in Windchill is typically set by the Windchill admin and can not be changed by a user.

Top Tags