cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to remove restrictions on a parameter

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

How to remove restrictions on a parameter

We've received part/assembly files from someone that have restricted parameters. They are restricted to a predefined list of text values. We'd like to change the parameter to something not on the predefined list.

I've found that to do so we could build a new restricted parameter list definition, set the proper config.pro value to call for that file, and then invoke the conflict resolution to make the new value available as a selection.

The question I have is can I completely remove the restrictions? This seems to be a terrible "well, now you're stuck with this forever" situation. I don't want to have these restrictions inflicted on any new files I create, so I'll have to temporarily set the list-invoking config.pro value only when I want to edit new files from the same source. I'll also have to be careful to close Creo and restart without the restricted list being used whenever I create new files.

So in short, can I remove a restricted parameter list from a file that contains one, or is it like a tattoo in the days before laser removal?

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

If you do not use a restricted parameter file or your file does not have that parameter, just delete the parameter then add it back in.

If the parameter does match one in your file, not sure what to do there, except edit the file and restart Creo and update your restricted list.

There is no way to remove the restricted parameter flag from a parameter that I know of.

Top Tags