cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to show hatching on partial view as shown in the image.

hvyas
1-Newbie

How to show hatching on partial view as shown in the image.

I want to show partial view on a shaft as shown in the attached image with the hatching on the curved section in the drawing. Please explain the procedure.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have 2 symbols I have created just for this situation broken views of a Pipe or Shaft.

insert the symbol, change the placement type to On Entity, and change the height to the outside diameter of the Pipe / Shaft.
attach the symbol to both ends of the broken view... you can rotate the symbol when you are inserting it by specifying the angle +90

then go back into the view properties and change the break line style to sketch and sketch as closely as possible to follow the edge of the symbol.

If more detail on the instructions are needed let me know

Enjoy

Dave

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:hvyas)

This is the "classic" split shaft shading that we used to use for hand drawn views. I've never seen it on a Pro/E or Creo drawing. I make broken views and they are just cut with a defined spline, without this type of decorative appearance. If there is some easy method to do this, I'd be interested in how, but I don't think there really is a way. Except of course doing it with sketched geometry of some sort.

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Hello Vyas,

I am of the same opinion as Farley

Kind regards.

Denis.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Just sketch this area and fill with hatch.

Some broken view details can do this, but it doesn't cross hatch the area.

()

(_

I have 2 symbols I have created just for this situation broken views of a Pipe or Shaft.

insert the symbol, change the placement type to On Entity, and change the height to the outside diameter of the Pipe / Shaft.
attach the symbol to both ends of the broken view... you can rotate the symbol when you are inserting it by specifying the angle +90

then go back into the view properties and change the break line style to sketch and sketch as closely as possible to follow the edge of the symbol.

If more detail on the instructions are needed let me know

Enjoy

Dave

Thank you David & Harsh

Thanks David

Top Tags