cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to use a 'tab' justification in annotation note?

rbast
1-Newbie

How to use a 'tab' justification in annotation note?

Creo 2.0.  This question is for 3D notes or model annotation notes.  Not for drawing notes or drafting notes.  Please respond only with model annotation note solutions.

I want to be able to use tabs in the annotation notes and have them stay.  Currently when I use tabs it will work so long as I don't complete the note process.  As soon as I complete the note process the program removes the tab justification from my note.  The intended result would have given me a left justification for identifier text and tabbed justification for explaination text.  Using spaces will not line up the text as lettering have specific horizontal sizing per each letter.

6-16-2015 1-54-08 PM.jpg

Desired result:

6-16-2015 1-55-01 PM.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Could not get the tab or any other code I know to "tab".

It did take straight spaces, but formatting becomes a pain...

modelnote.jpg

as you can see, the text in the editor is offset but in the model it is inline.

Best I got....

Good luck

ron

Best I could do as well.  Thanks.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:rbast)

There are no tab stops, so there is nothing for the tab to tab to. It's possible in some text functions to use different fonts by segmenting the text and changing the font size of the segments to control text placement. For example, add a space in a different font size to change the gap between words.

6-16-2015 3-01-50 PM.jpg

6-16-2015 3-05-35 PM.jpg

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:rbast)

They also exist in other editors that can be used to edit notes, but there is no model configuration for tab stops.

Top Tags