cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

I am using Creo 7.0, I am trying to copy my config mapkeys in Text folder. But Creo is not loading

NR_10501208
7-Bedrock

I am using Creo 7.0, I am trying to copy my config mapkeys in Text folder. But Creo is not loading

I am using Creo 7.0, I am trying to copy my config mapkeys in Text folder. But Creo is not loading the config files every time I open Creo.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:NR_10501208)

Make sure you are copying to the \common files\text. My folder is C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 6.0.6.0\Common Files\text, yours will be a different based on load point and software versions.

After copying config, Verify the file is there in a file manager. Its not unusual for this folder to be set to Read Only, so you may need administrator privilege's to copy files to there.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:NR_10501208)

Are you using the same shortcut to open Creo every time.  Each shortcut starts Creo in the folder specified in the shortcut.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi,

the name of config file must be config.pro.

In Windows  File Explorer hides extensions of known files by default. This can result in the configuration file being incorrectly named. See following picture

MartinHanak_0-1695198067587.png

Solution:

Turn on extension displaying and rename file to config.pro

MartinHanak_1-1695198161719.png

Martin Hanák

I follow this practice.

Create a folder for all your Creo files say "C:\Creo_files".

right click on the Creo 7.0 shortcut on the desktop, click on Properties,  and set the "Start In" to "C:\Creo_Files".

Copy the config.pro to "C:\Creo_Files".

SrinivasanIyer_0-1695201322169.png

Re-Start Creo.

Creo would now start in C:\Creo_Files and load the config.pro too.

Top Tags