cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Import of STEP/IGES files results in no features and Tree has weird numbers

jeuclide
4-Participant

Import of STEP/IGES files results in no features and Tree has weird numbers

Hello,

Was wondering if someone had this issue ever, it just started for some reason. 

When I import a STEP or IGES file the tree in inaccessible and the import gives crazy characters when loading and after loading. I can make planes and features but nothing shows in tree. Now it even does this when I load an assembly that used a STEP or IGES that i used in a previous design. I'll attach some screen shots to show you what I mean. Any help appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:jeuclide)

Looks like you are using Windchill. Its possible your workspace is corrupted. Have you tried creating a new workspace or renaming your wt folder to see if that fixes the issue?

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Hello and thank you for the response, what do you mean by wt folder??

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Sorry I meant wf. The wf folder is where the Creo encrypted workspace files are located. If you have a startup script it is specified by the PTC_WF_ROOT system variable. The default path is:  [User Profile]\Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\ Wildfire\

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/plus/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/ProEWCIntegCustEnvVar.html 

Do not just delete this folder as it will delete all of your workspaces and registered server(s). Instead rename it, re-register and then try again and see if that fixes your issue. If not then delete the new one and rename the old one back so you get your data again.

In general you want to try and check in or backup all of your data before doing this in case something goes wrong.

jeuclide
4-Participant

Confirmed its does not seem to be a workspace issue

Hi,

test it on different computer under different user account.

Martin Hanák
jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

I did the test and it does work correctly on my old computer. I got the new PC a few months ago so seems to be a PC issue. Any ideas from here?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Are the old and new computers running the same version and build of Creo?

Are your template files local or on a server? If local, could they be corrupt?

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Yes same version, Template files on network server.

jeuclide
4-Participant

I see some of my parts that I created now have the "Design Item" feature in the part, see attached. Not sure what is going on here. 

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Design items were introduced in Creo 8 and enhanced in Creo 9. Either you are using a newer version of Creo or you previously hid those items from your tree in your customization.ui file.

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Ok thanks I understand, in my tree though there are no features showing up. I can modify things while clicking on the part itself an "edit Definition" but can't see anything in the tree for things I've done.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Can you post a screenshot or an example file?

Top Tags