cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Improve design of sectionplate

rcarnklev
1-Newbie

Improve design of sectionplate

Hi folks of the internet. I've constructed a section of a floor which is going to support people walking over it on a daily basis and at maximum support a small forklift of 5 ton weight.ptc1.PNG

And top view:

ptc2.PNG

The top plate is a 0.4'' (10 mm) and the beam profiles are hollow rectangular with 120x80x6.5 (mm). The structure is going to be supported on the short sides while the mid section is free in the air. The profiles are welded with a4 in the frames and dot weld in the plate around the frame.

My question is if there's any obvious changes i can do to improve the structural performance of this design without overusing material or make it to complex for the manufacturer.

Cheers Robin.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

What are the outside dimensions of your tray.

Kind regards.

Denis

2980 mm x 995 mm.

this is probably subject to a code due to safety issues. maybe similar like staircases and raised podiums (where the construction workers work for example).

A couple of people walking over it is not such a big deal from the structural standpoint (if it's "high", you have to have a fence), but having a forklift drive over it regularly is calling for trouble imo.

Perhaps check how are they made on some trucks.

Yes, i have done stress-checks according to safety codes and it hold with Good enough safety factor. But IF you have any suggestions on designchanges shoot i can test Them too

Any other questions ?

Top Tags