cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Instance in a Family Table, In a Group, Patterned

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Instance in a Family Table, In a Group, Patterned

I have a component from a family table that is packaged. In the assembly, I have a group that includes the component and some ancillary packaging material (bags, foam, dividers). Then the group is patterned (i.e. 2-4 fit in a box).

When the second instance of the packaging is made, the box changed (not shown), the component changed in the first pattern, but the component did not change in the remainder of the patterns.

family_table_group_pattern.jpg

My work around was to go into the family table and add column for each component created by the group. My question is when you change the first component in the group, why isn't the remainder of the parts in the pattern automatically updated to the "pattern" that first instance in the pattern? Why would I have to update each instance in the pattern? Doesn't that sort of negate the purpose of patterning?

Thanks but confused. Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags