cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Interactive Surface Design Extention (ISDX) and PDF's

ptc-1856881
1-Newbie

Interactive Surface Design Extention (ISDX) and PDF's

I was under the impression that with ISDX I would be able to create drawings by tracing over imported pdf files. Could someone please explain to me how this is possible? I cannot seem to find any information on the matter.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Well, after a handful of days I finally stumbled across how to do what I was looking for. If you start the style command, then go up top and select Styling-Trace Sketch. Then click the plus sign in the box that pops up, then select the datum and search for the file you want to trace. If it is a pdf file, you need to first open it up in adobe and save it as a jpeg file and then it can be imported this way.
Top Tags