cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Invisible Symbol

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Invisible Symbol

When I pull a symbol from out symbol library it does not show up on the drawing page. I have the proper layer set that I want the symbol on and it adds it to that layer in the layer tree. It also adds a Drafting Symbol# in the Drawing Tree under annotations. The one thing I notice is the icon is greyed out, while the icon for the symbols I can see are dark. I can select the symbol from the Drawing Tree or the Layer Tree and it will highlight, but goes away as soon as I do something else.

Does anyone have a solution or know what I may be doing wrong?

We do use a drawing program to select certain notations and layers on the drawing based on a parameter. I have activated the parameter and regened the drawing so I know I have the proper layers active for this parameter. The symbols are stored on a network shared drive.

Creo 2 M100 (I do have M120, M150 and M160, if this is a bug that has been fixed)

Windchill 10 M040 (but this should not matter for this problem)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps the symbol is being dumped on another dwg layer (so 2 layers for same object).  It has been a while since I have done this type of layer manipulation, but I think when one layer is set to hide, and the other layer is set to show the same object, Hiding wins. 

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:BenLoosli)

Unerase it.  For some reason, sometimes I've had dims get erased that I KNOW I didn't erase.

Top Tags