cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Is it possible to pattern one PRT inside an ASM along a 3D curve?

mhergenhan
1-Newbie

Is it possible to pattern one PRT inside an ASM along a 3D curve?

I can select planar curves only to pattern one PRT inside an ASM. But I need to pattern the PRT along the below shown 3D curve. Many thanks in advance for your help!

Presentation1.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Maria,

in http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/part_modeling/part_six_sub/To_Create_a_Curve_Patte… in Step 3. you can find this sentence ... Select or create a sketched curve to define the pattern. This means that you can use Sketch feature as reference. 3D curve is not allowed.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Maria,

you can try this....

1. place point on 3D curve and pattern it (Dimension pattern) to get requested locations
  2. place coordinate system on 1-st point and pattern it (Reference pattern) to get assembly references
  3. assemble part on 1-st coordinate system and pattern it (Reference pattern) to get patterned component

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

many thx for your answer.

But to pattern a point I also need a sketched curve, or not?

BR

Maria

Maria,

try it. If you place a point on 3D curve, Creo assigns a dimension to it, the value of this dimension belongs to interval <0,1>. If you set 0, then the point is placed in start point, if you set 1, then the point is placed into end point.

Therefore set 0 for point dimension and use this dimension to pattern the point along the curve.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Another option, if you know the point locations relative to a known coordinate system AND you are on Creo 2.0 or later, would be to pattern by point and use an "offset coordinate system" point feature as your reference for the pattern by point option. To make things easier, you could then place a coordinate system on the first point in the pattern and pattern that coordinate system as Martin recommended above.

Many thanks for your answers.

I got it

Now I have a further question: Is it possible to rotate the part during the pattern along the points around his own axis?

Maria,

to be able to reply to your question, I need to have detailed description of part rotation along the curve.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello, as already stated above you can place coordinate systems onto those points using pattern feature, and that way define the orientation of the components.

Top Tags