cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is there an option to enable mass property parameters?

BenitoRuiz
4-Participant

Is there an option to enable mass property parameters?

Good morning,

I am having a difficult time reading mass property parameters into an assembly drawing table. Material files were assigned to all of the components. The pro_mp_density parameter reads in fine for all of the components. The pro_mp_mass and pro_mp_volume parameter only reads in for some components and not for others. On some records, the parameters display a 0.000 and on others the cells are just blank. The frustation is that for some records, all of the information and relations update without any problems. I even tried changing the material for the components that don't read in the mass properties with the ones that do come in, but it does not work. I have also tried checking and unchecking the designate boxes, but without success. Is there a configuaration option to make sure the mass property parameters are not set to zero or to make sure that they update based on the material assignment?

I'm using WF4.0 M200, Windows 7 (64 bit)

Thanks in advance.

~Benito.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

you could try mass_property_calculate automatic (default is by_request)

Reinhard

BenitoRuiz
4-Participant
(To:BenitoRuiz)

Thank you Reinhard.

I tried it and it did populate a few more cells.

However, after readings Brian's post on a similar item, I realized that generating a mass property report for the items that were not reading in the parameters did the trick.

~Benito.

A forced regeneration of the assembly by model player including components should work too.

Reinhard

Top Tags