cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Large Assembly Drawing - detail view slow down

GV_SVN
7-Bedrock

Large Assembly Drawing - detail view slow down

Hi,

I am generating a drawing of a large assembly. I have used Article - CS20577 to boost drawing performance and it works very well. I encountered an issue with creating detail views of section views. Upon creating the detail view, the drawing slows down severely to the point it is unusable. Mouse inputs take over ten seconds to be registered. Zooming in and out takes about a minute or more to execute. I cannot use the ribbon or any other commands during this time.

If I erase the detail view (not the same as deleting the view, for those who don't know about the erase function) the drawing will return to normal and smooth performance. I find it weird that a detail view could be so heavy on the system that it causes such a slow down.

Any ideas as to what is happening and how I can resolve the issue? The ideal solution would achieve normal drawing performance with the detail views showing (not erased).

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:GV_SVN)

I am going to test this. I will be on my next large drawing soon. I haven't noticed this but maybe I have just missed the connection.

Detail views are not completely necessary. A partial view would suffice and you can sketch the circle along with notes/labels to emulate. If it makes the drawing signifcantly faster, it would definitely be worth the time.

Hopefully someone else will have a solution instead of a possible work around.

Top Tags