cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Layer Status without affecting Model Tree visibility

SavageFrog
6-Contributor

Layer Status without affecting Model Tree visibility

I have old Creo 4.0 parts and Hiding a Layer does NOT affect the visibility of those layer-controlled items in the Model Tree.

I suppose it's a "New Feature!" that turning off the datum plane layer suddenly makes my planes in my Model Tree suddenly disappear, light grey on white... but I call that a "BUG".   And I want it off.

There's gotta be a config.pro option that helps make my Creo 9.0 more usable ???  please?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:SavageFrog)

This is intended functionality to make it more obvious to the user that features have been layered off. If there is a config option to prevent this from happening I am not aware of it.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

This functionality also allows you to easily unhide features without clicking through the layer tree and unhiding the entire layer of finding that one item in list to unhide.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
SavageFrog
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

figures....  this is right in line with MOVING buttons around and calling it an Upgrade.   5 major revisions from where I was, and I MISS Creo 4....

SavageFrog
6-Contributor

ooohhh . . . sooo, if I can't turn that silliness off, can I at least recolor the faded color text in the Model Tree?  All I object to is not being able to read the light-grey on the white!  I know I can make it bigger in whatever font, but I don't remember seeing any settings for color in the System-Appearances section...

Top Tags