cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Looking to add an indicator on the drawing if the part is modified (maybe using PTC_MODIFIED)

jwagh
17-Peridot

Looking to add an indicator on the drawing if the part is modified (maybe using PTC_MODIFIED)

I am looking to add some indication on a format that would show a + if the drawing is modified but not checked in. People are creating pdfs of their unchecked-in drawings with the wrong rev and content than is being released. If this + is on the drawing, we could easily tell that the engineer didn't follow procedure.

Does anyone have a good idea how to do that? I am *currently* looking to avoid using relation as a user can mess with the relations.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:jwagh)

Joseph,

We do this exact thing for the same reasons you posted.
We created a small table outside the right side of the border of the drawing format with the text "+ &PTC_MODIFIED:D" right justified. If the &PTC_MODIFIED:D value is YES, the "+" part of the text is visible inside the border of the format, and will show up when the user creates a print/plot/PDF. "+ YES" vs. "+ NO". See the attached image.

Daniel Nordin
www.baesystems.com

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:jwagh)

Thanks Guys!

Dan,

I don't know if you remember me. I used to work at BAE a few years ago. First in Greenlawn then in Wayne. The reason for my inquery was because I remember seeing it but wasn't sure how it was implemented.

For the +, did you use a relation in a repeat region table?

Top Tags