cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Making points that lines snap to

ptc-5919021
1-Newbie

Making points that lines snap to

I have been trying to make three arcs which each touch the others at one point so that they form a complete perimeter around a space. I have put datum points at each of the points where they touch and at the centres of the arcs. Unfortunately when I use the Endpoint & centre arc tool the points I place do not automatically go to the datum points when my mouse hovers near them, because of this Creo never regonizes that they join at a particualr point and I am then unable to extrude the shape. How can I define points that the arc points will "snap" to when the mouse hovers close?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the forum! If you made the datum points prior to your arc sketch, did you select them as references?

points_arc.jpg

I tried it several different ways and didn't have a problem creating the shape you mentioned. If you have the commercial version, see attached.

If the geometry doesn't work (i.e. the center is not midway between the two endpoints) it will not snap to the endpoints. In this situation you'll have to end the arc short/long of the final endpoint and then force coincidence through the coincident constraint (datum points created at the same time as the arc sketch) and/or correct the dimensions that locate your datum points (especially if they were created prior to the arc sketch).

Top Tags