cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Manipulate 2D-Geometry (in Drawing) with Annotations

CC_10081426
6-Contributor

Manipulate 2D-Geometry (in Drawing) with Annotations

Hello everybody,

is there a possibility to adjust/manipulate 2D-Geometry (without 3D Model context) in the drawing with additional annotations. Currently I have to re-create the geometry to adjust dimensions.

Best regards

Christian

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CC_10081426)

No, you can't make the geometry look different than the model.

If you explain or show a screen shot of what you are needing, maybe someone can help better.

CC_10081426
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

line.PNG

Let's say I want to manipulate (after the final creation) a line like this. Is ther a way to do it with the dimension annotation? It would be like a manipulation in the Sketcher (3D) where you can modify directly the dimension.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

No, to the best of my knowledge you can't modify sketched lines in a drawing with dimensions like you can within a 3D model sketch.

I avoid sketching in drawings simply because they are not controllable. Instead I will make a part model that is just a sketch and use that model in my drawing or I add sketch features within an existing model to show added lines in a drawing (for us, these are typically related to manufacturing information that is included on a drawing)

CC_10081426
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

So there is no way to modify a line or any other geometry which is created in the DRAWING mode after the initial creation? I have to delete it and re-create it?

The initial idea was to use the DRAWING mode for 2D sketching of a room plan.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Sketching in a Creo drawing is horrible. It's not like 2D CAD.

I've done a room plan (and a simple schematic) in creo but I used a sketch in a part to do the plan and then added the sketch to a drawing to document it.

I would say there are MUCH better products available for 2D plan sketching but if you only have Creo or are forced to use it, make the plan as a sketch feature in a model and then put it on a drawing so you can control the dimensions and make changes as necessary.

Top Tags