cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mapkey for drawings to add a model AND set the model you just added

gtriplett
1-Newbie

Mapkey for drawings to add a model AND set the model you just added

I am looking for some help making a combo mapkey that will both add and set a model on a current sheet. The purpose is for mirrored components that we only need to put in an iso view and a couple of notes about it. Right now I have a mapkey addm that adds the model to the sheet and then I use setm to set the model, but I have to go through this ridiculous drop-down menu to find the model I just added. So I want to be able to remember/recall/save whatever model I add and automatically set it as the current model.

Any suggestions would be great!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gtriplett)

Normally when you add a model Creo automatically sets it as the active model.  I just verified and it still works this way in Creo 3.0 M080.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gtriplett)

Normally when you add a model Creo automatically sets it as the active model.  I just verified and it still works this way in Creo 3.0 M080.

gtriplett
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Figured this out on my own before I checked your reply. The issue I was having is the part I was adding was already in the drawing package later, so it was not automatically setting it. Thanks for the help. I've got one more related but different question that I'm going to post today that should be a little more difficult. I'll post it as a new question tho.

Top Tags