cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Material assignment and density

mpeterson
1-Newbie

Material assignment and density

Hello Group,

I have a question in regard to assigning a material to a part and having the associated density applied during mass properties analysis. When I assign the material the density doesn't change for generating mass property calcuations. How do I get that to apply the corresponding density? I am on WF5 build 50 and do not want to set my config to auto regen mass properties if possible since I rarely need this information. I would prefer not to have to type in the density for each part that the marterial is assigned too. Per the attachment the material is steel, yet the density remains as the default 1.0

Thanks!!

Mark A. Peterson

Sr Design Engineer

Igloo Products Corp

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Mark if you select change next to mass properties the new density value will be displayed and then you can select ok.

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.310.8168
website www.daktronics.com
Top Tags